Friday, September 21, 2012

Link & Share: Victim Blaming

Everyone needs to read this: http://unwinona.tumblr.com/post/30861660109/i-debated-whether-or-not-to-share-this-story


I have had the discussion too many times where I try to convince males that yes, it really is scary to be a woman. I have talked with other women about the things we do because it is almost impossible to feel safe walking down the street at night. About trying to memorize distinct features of every person you see, just in case they are the one who can't control themselves. About knowing how you would use your purse/keys/shoes/etc as a weapon and holding them that way JUST IN CASE.  And often males tell me I'm making it up, or that I am just paranoid, etc. etc.

READ THIS ARTICLE.




Also, on a related but different note, I really enjoyed this picture from a Facebook friend (see not all shares are ones that enrage me!):







It says it pretty much perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment