Saturday, June 23, 2012

Link: Blog post on Science: It's a Girl Thing

I love science. I love physics and the strangeness of the Universe, that's why it is my favourite thing to teach. I love Chemistry for it's detail and intricacy, and for the truth that things are always in balance or equilibrium. Biology I didn't always love, but I will now admit to loving parts: how the brain works (which I hope to go back to school to study more some day), how diseases work, how genetics works... such cool stuff.

So I was quite disturbed by the EU's attempt to lure women into sciences with their "Science: It's a Girl Thing" project. But everything I could ever want to say has been said by women I greatly respect and admire, so I will let them say it.

It's a bit like going down the rabbit hole: @Scidoll from the twitterverse has put together a blog post with all the great links. So start with her post and follow all the links at the bottom. And if you are NOT left speechless, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment